Alternative Christmas ideas you’ll love…
So, did you watch the grand finale? No, not X Factor – the last episode of Planet Earth 2 – of course! Sir David Attenborough delivered a stunning, unforgettable and emotionally charged swan song to the series. (If you missed it, you can watch it here.) Anyway it made me think that this year’s Christmas Gift Guide could be a little bit on the greener side. So here’s some ideas that are stylish, original and a bit thoughtful all wrapped up in one… Ta-da!
1. Seedbomb, Kabloom, £3.50
Work in harmony with nature and help disperse the early stages of a field of wild flowers, edible crops or a herb garden.
2. Antique Kula Baubles (set of 3), Dassie Artisan, £14.95
A range of unique eco friendly homeware & gifts, handcrafted by artisans in developing countries around the globe.
3. Bamboo Watch, Mabboo, £74.99
Mabboo is a bamboo clothing company – all sustainable and 100% organically grown (and sooo soft to wear!).
4. Golf Club Hook, £25, The Barefoot Welder
Kent’s The Barefoot Welder creates cool, unique pieces for the home & garden by upcycling everyday, discarded furniture.
5. Oatmeal Cashmere Travel Pillow, Chinti and Parker, £125
Style conscious organic cotton and cashmere pieces spanning simple tees to statement knitwear.
6. Herb Board, SOURCED, £10
In collaboration with COOK, SOURCED is the new range of eco-friendly products from the UK and all around the world.
7. Origin Triangular Bracelet, Cred Jewellery, £64
Fair Trade, from CRED, the pioneers of ethical jewellery.
8. Post Bag, Elvis & Kresse, £150
Bags, belts and wallets all made from decommisioned fire-hoses – turning trash into treasure – love it!
9. Tubu Brass Desk Lamp, Nkuku, £140
Working with artisans throughout the world, combining timeless design with traditional skills.
10. Naari Hand Stitched Notebook, Dassie Artisan, £8.95-£14.95
Perfect stocking filler from this new fave shop of mine – using artisans from developing countries – check out the new store in Tunbridge Wells!
11. Gold Vegan Brogues, Beyond Skin, £135
From range of 100 per cent vegan shoes – and totally gorgeous to boot!
12. Leather Hottie, SOURCED, £10, (available in COOK stores)
These oven mits are made from leather off cuts from the luxury car and fashion industry.
13. Winter Bath Oil, Susanne Kaufmann, SpaceNK, £44-£62
Susanne Kaufmann’s organic facial care is made from active plant ingredients and natural oils.
14. Sascha Wool Socks, Braintree, £15
These soft wool and organic cotton are breathable and 100 per cent natural so your feet (and the planet) stay happy and healthy.
15. GIVE WORK Pouch, Kisany, €33
Kisany has trained more than 200 vulnerable African women to become professional embroiders, tailors and weavers. All of these women are at risk, (war, poverty, sexual violence) and this allows them to provide food, shelter and to send their children to school. (*Quick dab of my eyes here*)
16. Men’s Grooming Collection, Neal’s Yard Remedies, £30
And for the man in your life? A lovely organic gift to transform him into George Clooney. *Cough.* Honest.