Gotta Have it
Love a nordic knit? I bagged this Fair Isle Jumper at brand new GO Outdoors superstore in Tonbridge. It's full of every bit of outdoorsy kit from horse riding to camping..
This Kara Fair Isle Jumper was just one of the surprising bargains I got my mitts on at the brand spanking new GO Outdoors store – read on for more…
How ironic that the morning I’m due to nose around the brand spanking new Tonbridge GO Outdoors store is the dullest, drizzliest day of the week. I am all leather jacket with no hood and some fast frizzing up hair. But no matter, there were hats galore inside (to hide the hair disaster) and cosy, water resistant jackets that actually also manage to look fairly stylish. They’ve got a great, really affordable collection of kids clothing too – perfect for stocking up before the colder weather really hits…
If you live in west Kent you’ve probably spent some time at the Tonbridge industrial estate – these days I always seem to be ferrying my two bradlets, I mean kiddies, between Clip n Climb and Jump In! birthday parties… So if you’re in the vicinity pop into the new store to browse the autumn clothing. And if you’re in east Kent there’s an already-established store in Canterbury.
- Super cute range of kids hats, gloves and waterproofs – loads of choice, no nasty sports branding.
- This North Ridge Women’s Mowa Jacket, above, (North Ridge is their in-house brand of premium quality gear that’s still cheaper than *cough* some competitors with a very similar name…)
- Some cute girls’ wellies with pictures of ponies, below, that remind me of a pair of expensive brand ones my daughter made me buy her and then promptly grew out of – these cost half the price!
- The entire range of Weird Fish clothing, below, – for kids and adults. I treated myself to this Fair Isle jumper (above) – love a nordic knit!
- These Rockfish wellies, below, which might also look similar to a high end brand of boot. Rockfish boots cost £67.49* and for those women (and men) out there who struggle with annoyingly tight boots they are adjustable to the wider calf width (more so than any other UK welly I’m reliably informed).
The store is split into categories – kids, men’s and women’s clothing, footwear, camping, riding, cycling, fishing even pets. And they have a Discount Card scheme which is free for the time being to celebrate the store’s launch. This gives you reduced prices on all items (and the promise that if you see anything cheaper elsewhere they will match the price).
The camping range is extensive – the store is so big there’s even a dedicated area where you can see the tents and step inside. The kids’ bike range looked good too. So if you need to stock up on warmer accessories before the chillier weather really hits you know where to go.
*All prices shown are with the store discount card (which is currently FREE or £5 when the offer runs out)…
GO Outdoors, Tonbridge Retail Park, Cannon Lane, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 1PN, Tel: 03443876762, gooutdoors.co.uk