Claire’s Chrimbo shape up
TV actress and Sleeping Beauty panto star, Claire Sweeney, tells Muddy how she's going to lose weight by Christmas
This year’s panto, Sleeping Beauty, at the Assembly Hall Theatre, Tunbridge Wells, stars no other than Claire Sweeney, as the Wicked Fairy. As always this magical pantomime promises to be jam-packed with smash-hit songs, stunning sets, spectacular costumes and special effects. We know we’re going to love this one as much as we always do. Oh yes we will!
But when Muddy met Claire, as well as talking about her excitement to be part of a fab panto production, we ended up talking motherhood, keeping in shape while working and weight loss secrets. The former Brookside star has made fitness DVDs and talked openly about her fluctuating weight over the years – and lots of us want to get in shape before the festive season, right? So here’s Claire’s Top 5 diet tips.
Claire’s 5 TOP TIPS
1. ‘Be organised – one of the biggest struggles for me when working in theatre is resisting the temptation to eat out every night! So my solution is to cook more and take it into work with me. I’m going to do a batch cook on my day off – preparation is the key! It’s the same principle for lunches in the office – just make sure you’ve got healthy choices on hand – balanced meals with carbs and protein.’
2. ‘Find an activity you love that gets you moving and in shape. I love hot yoga and it’s definitely helped me lose weight. I practise Bikram yoga – a type of hatha yoga performed in a room heated to a very high temperature!’
3. ‘Visualise your goal. If you’ve got a photo of yourself at a time when you were happy with how you looked keep the picture on your fridge or phone. That’s your goal.’
4. ‘Don’t deprive yourself! Try and eat healthily, but still allow yourself some little treats every now and then.’
5. ‘Do what you love! Being around positive people or doing a job you love can help your mental outlook. I’m lucky enough to love what I do – especially panto! And even better – I get to be the evil villain. What fun – bring on the boos and hisses!’
Claire will be appearing in Sleeping Beauty at Assembly Hall Theatre, Tunbridge Wells from Fri 7 Dec to Wed 2 Jan. Get tickets here!
Assembly Hall Theatre, Crescent Rd, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LU, Tel: assemblyhalltheatre.co.uk