Muddy needs an intern!
Want to break into the media world? Muddy Kent is looking for a brilliant locally-based intern...
It’s a tough old job breaking into the media, especially when you live in the sticks and then who can afford to pay London rents and intern at the same time? Anyone? *tumbleweed*
Here’s a solution. Muddy Kent is looking for a brilliant Kent-based intern who is a self-confessed social media whiz. Preferably an arts/media/journalist student or graduate (but not necessarily), the most important thing is that you can write light, tight, grammatically correct copy.
The right person will receive training in SEO, imagery & Word Press plus guidance, support and references from a growing media brand with a national reach.
Key roles & responsibilities
Research, writing and finding suitable images, plus scheduling on Facebook and Twitter, and possibly some emailing.
Maintaining a fully up-to-date diary of events across the county, from exhibitions to gigs, courses to craft shows. You’ll need to have your ear to the ground on the fun stuff happening in Kent.
– First and foremost you’ll be a fab writer, with a sense of humour.
– You’ll also have a good eye for imagery and will need to source and check copyright with various businesses (guidance will be given on this).
– You’ll have a strong sense of what events will be of interest to Muddy Kent readers.
– A knowledge of social media for business will also be hugely helpful in this role.
– Some degree of knowledge of Word Press/scheduling for social media/ SEO will help (for the right candidate training can be provided).
– You’ll need a laptop and your own transport.
Please do get in touch with your CV and a covering email in support of your application.
I’m all ears! email@example.com