Muddy says: Bore Place is many amazing things rolled into one. Set in 500 acres of countryside it makes a stunning venue for a wedding. It also hosts a whole variety of the kind of original and interesting workshops we know you’ll absolutely love – from Artisan Bread Making to an Introduction to Bee Keeping…Oh and there’s Holiday Clubs too!
Bore Place is set in 500 acres of countryside – and makes a stunning venue for a wedding set in organic farmland, near Sevenoaks in north Kent.
It also hosts a whole variety of the kind of original and interesting workshops we know you’ll absolutely love. From an ‘Introduction to Fermenting and pickling’ or ‘Artisan Bread Making’ to an ‘Introduction to Bee Keeping’ or ‘Keeping Chickens’ and everything in between. There’s Holiday Clubs for the kids – from all things crafty or baking to den building and campfire fun.
The actual venue encompasses an organic dairy farm, organic market gardens, conference centre, environmental education centre, as well as programmes to provide opportunities for vulnerable and disadvantaged young people. This place is a lot of different things to different people.
At Bore Place you can:
- Stay at a beautiful historic venue with organic gardens and outdoor spaces for your meetings, teambuilding, weddings, social functions and holidays
- Bring your school for curriculum-linked day and overnight trips
- Participate in health and education programmes for young people
- Enjoy a variety of events, courses and activities for all ages and abilities
- See a working organic dairy farm and learn about organic farming
- Learn about organic gardening and enjoy the fruit and vegetables grown by young people in our organic garden
- See renewable energy installations in action and learn about low carbon living
For wedding planners – here you get exclusive use of whole the site for two nights so you have all the time you need to make the day yours. You can have the ceremony in Bore Place House or alternatively they can arrange for a marquee or tipi to be erected in the beautiful gardens.
Want to arrange your own catering? No problem. Or you can use their chef who will cook organic food, much of which will have been grown in their very own Bore Place garden. Plus there’s a barn where you can eat or have a band or disco. Inside the house oozes character and the overnight accommodation consists of 12 bedrooms (sleeping up to 25 guests) as well as the Old Stables and Small Barn as part of your wedding package. With more options outside for anyone happy to make the most of on-site glamping in yurts or the gypsy caravan, you put up 50 of your guests so the celebrations can carry on and on and on….